Why Do People Join Business Networking Groups?
Business networking gives business leaders the ability to collaborate with other experts to help them grow their businesses and improve their professional lives. The big reason for joining a business networking group is to develop your business and find new ways of connecting.
The Benefits Of Joining A Networking Group
If you’re really serious about pushing your business forward and developing new ideas that will help deliver a better service to customers, then joining a network group with like-minded people is absolutely essential. Here are a few benefits of joining a networking group:
- Business Development - A big reason for joining a business networking group is to develop your business and find new ways of connecting. It is a great way to find out what is happening within your industry and may provide new ideas for the future expansion of your core business.
- To Seek Solutions - Let's say you have an on-going problem with no solution. Attending business networking events could possibly help you find a solution. One member of the group may have experienced a similar problem before and could provide you with the most effective solution.
- Gain More Knowledge - Business networking is a great opportunity to exchange best practice knowledge, learn about business techniques used by your peers and stay abreast of the latest industry developments. A wide network of informed, interconnected contacts means broader access to new and valuable information.
- Raise Your Profile - Being a part of a business network can help to grow and build your brand. This can increase the awareness associated with your brand and products. The more people know you, the more they know about your business which can lead to tons of opportunities.
- Collaborative Working - Business networking is all about building valuable relationships and you may well find yourself working with a number of businesses you come across in a group.
- Peer Interaction - It can sometimes seem lonely running a company, but connecting with others who are on the same wavelength offers much needed support and encouragement. You’ll always be able to find someone who has gone through the same experiences as you and will be able to offer a fresh viewpoint and some excellent advice.
- Business Advice - Most business networking groups usually consist of a mix of new and experienced entrepreneurs which means you get access to a whole range of advice. You will be able to pick the best advice for your business and have more chances of success both now and in the future.
- Build Confidence - By continually putting yourself out there and meeting new people, you’re effectively stepping outside your comfort zone. This will build your social skills and self-confidence. The more you network, the more you’ll grow and learn how to make lasting connections.
What Is The Better Business Network?
The Better Business Network is a community for like-minded businesses that want to create a positive impact. Our members consist of purpose driven businesses wanting to make a change. Our membership allows businesses to use collective action to support amazing projects like ClientEarth, 1% For The Planet non-profits and other climate crisis projects while also helping them increase their individual impact and income.
Learn more about The Better Business Network here, and If you’d like to know why we started the Network read our article on why we started the first purpose-led business community.
If you wish to learn more, consider signing up to our newsletter today, or email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.
If you’ve now decided that joining a business network sounds like a really good idea, here are 11 useful tips to help you successfully network. However if you're still on the fence about whether to join a network, check out these surprising networking statistics on how valuable joining a network can be.