- This event has passed.
(M) Carbon Literacy Training (Day Two of Two)
December 9, 2022 @ 9:30 am - 1:30 pm
External Member Event hosted by Jen Gale
Talking Climate is the Sustainable(ish) Carbon Literacy course, that’s designed to give you the knowledge, and importantly, the confidence you need, to talk to others about the Climate Crisis, and to take effective action both as an individual, and as part of a group – whether that’s a workplace, school, community group, as a family, or something else.
Carbon Literacy is defined as:
“An awareness of the carbon dioxide costs and impacts of everyday activities, and the ability and motivation to reduce emissions, on an individual, community and organisational basis.”
By the end of course you will have:
- Gained (or developed) an understanding of the basic science of climate change and how climate change is affecting us both globally and locally
- Gained (or developed) an understanding of climate justice
- Explored the different scenarios that lie ahead
- Created an action plan to help reduce your carbon footprint and take collective action in your workplace, school, community group
- Explored strategies for influencing others to take action on climate change
- AND be enthused and empowered to want to reduce your carbon footprint and the carbon footprint of those around you!
Alternative dates available on the website.
You need to attend both sessions live to gain certification. Click the link for more info.